Appliances You Use Regularly Could Pose a Danger to Your Family
When most people think of home safety issues, they may not consider the appliances in their homes at the top of their list. However, many appliances can be dangerous due to defects or failures to use or maintain them properly. Sadly, consumers suffer serious injuries or deaths when appliance accidents occur.
Five Dangers to Watch Out For in Your Home
When appliances have defective parts, they can cause dangerous fires resulting in people experiencing serious burns and significant damage to their homes. Appliances that can be especially dangerous include:
- Space heaters. A large number of fires are caused by space heaters. However, they also pose a risk of natural gas leaks, carbon monoxide poisoning, and electrical shock. Not keeping space heaters far enough from walls, furniture, and clothing and leaving them unattended are two ways people can unintentionally cause a fire.
- Clothes dryers. Many of these dangerous fires occur when people do not regularly clean their lint screen and vents or properly vent the dryer to the outside.
- Stoves. Both gas and electric stoves and ovens can cause a fire and serious burns to the victims. Common causes of these accidents include defective range parts, ovens turning themselves on, failing to clean the oven or stovetop, and leaving the stove unattended.
- Microwaves. There have been frightening reports of microwaves turning themselves on and causing dangerous fires. When microwaves are not used properly or malfunction due to defective parts or maintenance issues, accidents can happen.
- Dishwashers. If the control panel malfunctions or water leaks drip into the electrical circuit, dangerous fires and other accidents can occur. Dishwashers can pose a special danger to children who can get burned by scalding water and suffer lacerations from sharp knives or the dishwasher’s moving parts. Hot steam can be a danger for adults and children.
If you or a family member was injured in an appliance accident caused by a defect in the machine, our team of investigators and attorneys is here to help you submit your claim for compensation and obtain the compensation you deserve. Call me at 888.716.8021 for a FREE consultation.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "5 Most Dangerous Appliances in Your House"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."