Car accident victims in Boise sometimes wonder whether or not hiring an attorney is truly necessary. Even in situations where you are considering settling with the insurance company, it is still very important to consider consulting with a lawyer who can review the facts and circumstances surrounding your injuries with your best interests in mind. The other driver and his or her insurance company will likely have legal advisors on their side, putting you at an immediate disadvantage if you attempt to go it alone.
By engaging an attorney, he can assist you with the following as you cope with the aftermath of your accident:
- Gathering sufficient evidence – Including witness statements, police reports, and medical records. Your attorney may also advise you to keep a daily record of your injuries and how they impact your life. You may also be advised to keep copies of all receipts and invoices.
- Using photographs as powerful evidence of your injuries – These photos may include pictures of the damage to your car, pictures of the car that had struck you, and photographs your physical injuries.
- Help you to refrain from signing anything that could harm your case – This includes such documents as a release of your medical records, a statement as to the facts surrounding the accident, or a proposed settlement offer.
- Communicate with the insurance companies and other lawyers in a manner that protects your best interest – It is important to remember that it is not the goal of these parties to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of funds for your injuries and property loss.
- Obtain a complete understanding as to the extent of your injuries – Some injuries may not be obvious at first glance. For example, an accident victim in Boise may suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of the crash.
To learn more about how Morton Law Offices has helped many other clients, we invite you to view our testimonials page.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "5 Ways Hiring an Attorney Can Benefit Your Boise Car Accident Case"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."