Do You Have Mold in Your Home? If So, Your Health Could be in Danger
Mold grows in just about any place moisture exists, including under floors, behind walls, on paper, and in basements and attics. Although Boise isn’t particularly humid, mold is still able to thrive in buildings and homes. If your rental property contains “toxic mold,” you may suffer from dangerous and debilitating health conditions.
The term “toxic mold” is actually misleading. The mold itself isn’t toxic; rather, it produces a specific type of toxin called mycotoxin, which can cause harm when inhaled or touched.
Is Your Health At Risk Because of Where You Live?
If your landlord doesn’t fix a leaky pipe or other problem in a timely manner and that creates moisture, dangerous mold could form and put your health in jeopardy. Some of the conditions you could develop because of mold exposure include:
- Allergic reactions. Exposure to mold can cause symptoms that are fairly mild, although bothersome, such as irritated eyes, coughing, sneezing, and nasal stuffiness. More severe allergic reactions include fever, flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, and wheezing.
- Toxin-related illnesses. Some molds are thought to cause life-threatening illnesses and conditions when people are exposed to them. Infant lung hemorrhaging, brain damage, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, reactive airway dysfunction syndrome, and other serious health problems could be caused because of exposure to mold.
The Type of Compensation You Can Collect
With an attorney’s assistance, you may be able to collect compensation because of your mold exposure. The type of help you can receive includes:
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain, anguish, and suffering
- Medical expenses related to medical conditions caused by mold exposure
- Punitive damages
- Damages for loss of wages
Fight for Your Rights
Your landlord has a duty to provide you with a home that is safe to live in. When he fails, you often pay the price, but it doesn’t have to be this way. The Morton Law Offices may be able to help.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Health Problems Caused by Mold Exposure"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."