Six Ways Your Boise Workers’ Compensation Claim Could Come Under Attack
While Idaho’s workers’ compensation system is said to be “no-fault”, that does not mean that employers or insurance companies will not try to fight a claim. Depending on the number of claims that are filed each year, workers’ compensation can be a large expense for an employer or an insurance company. As a result, they have a vested interest in keeping the number of successfully raised claims to a minimum. If your fault does not matter with regard to the injury, what grounds does the company or insurance company have to try and fight it? The following are six common examples:
- Failing to properly give notice of your claim as required by law.
- Failing to file your claim within the proper time period.
- Classification as an independent contractor and not an employee, and thus not being eligible for benefits.
- The injury or disease was caused by a pre-existing condition, or not otherwise caused by your employment.
- Failing to prove the extent of the injuries claimed.
- Working while under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the injury.
Since there is always a chance that your workers’ compensation claim may be challenged, it is crucial that you seek the guidance of an experienced legal professional who can walk you through the process of filing a successful claim. To learn more about pursuing your workers’ compensation claim, call our firm at 888-716-8021 today for a free consultation.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Six Ways Your Boise Workers’ Compensation Claim Could Come Under Attack"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."