Q How quickly should I file a lawsuit after a car accident in Boise?
While the facts and circumstances surrounding every Boise car accident are different, it is generally advisable to file your lawsuit as quickly as possible. At a minimum, it is crucial that you consult with an attorney immediately after seeking medical treatment for your injuries. Together, you and your legal advisor can decide upon the best possible time for filing your lawsuit.
Why Is Filing a Claim Shortly After a Car Crash Important?
The following are six examples:
- Idaho imposes a statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim. Waiting until after this time limitation has passed could cost you the ability to pursue your claim.
- Insurance companies may perceive that they can offer you less with regard to a settlement if a suit has not been filed.
- Insurance companies may be inclined to negotiate more favorably when a court date is pending.
- The fact that the insurance company could potentially be on the hook for paying your legal fees could motivate the company even further to reach a mutually acceptable settlement.
- Filing a lawsuit within a reasonable time frame after a Boise car crash can add to the credibility of your evidence and testimony.
- If your case proceeds to a jury trial, your injuries may be more visible and therefore have a stronger impact on the individuals deciding upon your case.
Regardless of how much time has passed since your accident, it is not too late to consult with a legal professional. Contact our office today at 888-716-8021 to schedule a free consultation—we’re standing by to help.