Q What can I expect if I pursue a medical malpractice claim following a birth injury in Boise?
Bringing an action against a health care provider may seem like an intimidating process. Doctors are often well respected, highly educated individuals whom we are taught to place our trust in. If you or your child has suffered a birth injury during pregnancy, labor, or delivery, you may be feeling emotionally vulnerable. You may be feeling overwhelmed at the thought of having to fight for your right to receive compensation as a result of your doctor’s negligence. Birth injuries, however, are often very serious and can result in costly long-term medical expenses for the mother or child. You may be entitled to damages for these losses. Fortunately, a knowledgeable medical injury trial lawyer can help guide you through the process of pursuing a claim during this difficult time.
Generally, if you decide to learn more about your rights under a medical malpractice claim in Idaho, you can expect to take the following steps:
- Contact an experienced medical injury trial attorney in Boise who can help to analyze the facts and circumstances surrounding your claim.
- Obtain copies of all medical records surrounding the pregnancy, labor, delivery, and post-birth care.
- Gather copies of receipts, invoices, and documentation supporting other expenses and costs resulting from the birth injury.
- Consult with medical experts who specialize in the fields that relate to your birth injury.
- Consider bringing a proceeding with the board of medicine applicable to your case.
- Consider filing a medical malpractice claim in civil court.
- Begin the process of discovery, including taking depositions and witness statements to support the facts of the case.
It is very important to remember that medical malpractice claims are subject to certain time limitations. To ensure that you file your claim within that time period, it’s important that you contact an experienced Boise medical malpractice attorney today. Call our firm at 888-716-8021 to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about your potential medical malpractice claim and to schedule your free consultation.