Q What should I do if I was given the wrong medicine?
When a doctor prescribes us medication, many of us take for granted the fact that the prescription is usually filled with the correct medication. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. You may find that you’ve taken the wrong medication after becoming seriously ill. When this occurs, you should strongly consider pursuing a medical malpractice claim in Boise against your doctor.
Steps That Should Be Taken Immediately Following a Prescription Drug Error:
- Seek prompt medical treatment from a qualified professional as soon as possible after the incorrect drug was administered.
- Contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney right away for assistance.
- Keep accurate records of your medical expenses while recovering from the prescription drug error.
- Keep track of your lost wages caused by the medication error.
- Identify the short and long-term side effects caused by the medication error.
- Discuss with your attorney the best strategy for pursuing a claim, whether that be by contacting the doctor or insurance company directly, or by filing a suit right away.
Regardless of the strategy that you ultimately decide upon, it is vital that you not delay in pursuing your claim for medical malpractice. The statute of limitations will already have begun running by the time that you file your claim. Since your injuries may last long-term, it is essential that you receive compensation that is adequate. If you found this article about prescription drug errors useful, we encourage you to follow us on Facebook, and to share this article with your friends and family.