Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888.716.8021
Phone: 208.344.5555
Morton Law Offices, Chartered

3 Things To Do If You Have An Industrial Injury or Occupational Illness

In Idaho, the time period an employee has to notify his employer of a claim for workers' compensation is 60 days from the onset of injury arising from an industrial accident or an occupational illness.

The employer is required to complete a First Notice of Injury or Illness, and submit the same to the Idaho Industrial Commission (See, e,g,, at: http://www.iic.idaho.gov/forms/ic_1_froi.pdf), but honestly, I have seen a number of cases over the past thirty-one plus years of experience I have been a trial lawyer where an employer has denied receiving timely notification by the employee of an on the job injury or occupational illness.

How can an injured worker protect his or her claim for unemployment benefits from an uncooperative employer?

There are three things that an injured worker should take to protect the injured worker's claim for workers compensation, namely:

1) The injured worker should immediately notified the employer of the industrial accident and injury and/or occupational illness IMMEDIATELY or as soon thereafter following the accident or onset of he occupation illness but no later than 60 days thereafter; 

2) The injured worker should complete and submit the Workers' Compensation - First Notice of Injury or Illness and submit the same to the Idaho Industrial Commission, employer and workers’ compensation carrier immediately or no later than 60 days from the onset of injury. The form may be obtained from the Idaho Industrial Commission or online at http://www.iic.idaho.gov/forms/ic_1_froi.pdf; and,

3) Contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney for a free initial consultation to help you complete the Workers’ Compensation - First Notice of Injury or Illness in a proper and timely manner to avoid delay in the processing of your claim.

Mr. Morton has over 31 years of experience in helping victims of industrial accidents and occupational in obtaining compensation for their workers compensation claims. There are few things in life that are free, but having a free initial consultation with Mr. Morton is one of them. You may contact Mr. Morton by calling for a free initial consultation at 208.344.5555 or toll free at 888.716.8021 or completing a contact online form at http://www.mortonlawyers.com/contact.cfm if you have a question regarding your claim or would like to discuss the facts of your workers’ compensation claim in a confidential setting. He is happy to schedule an appointment at his office or your home, work, hospital or any other convenient location in a confidential setting to help provide you become more informed about your legal rights and remedies. Don’t delay. "Justice delayed is justice denied." And "what you don’t know, may hurt you." Mr. Morton is devoted to helping workers seek and obtain fair compensation for their on the job injuries and/or occupational illnesses. Call him. Right now!! He would be happy to schedule an appointment with you.

Alan Morton
Advocate for Justice/Trial Lawyer