The 7 Most Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Idaho
According to Idaho Parks and Recreation, approximately 67% of all fatal boating accidents in Idaho were the result of victims being thrown into the water involuntarily from small boats. There are a number of reasons for people being injured in a boating accident. The seven most common causes of injury and death arising from a boating accident include the following:
1) Operating a boat in an inattentive manner;
2) Failing to maintain a proper lookout while operating a boat;
3) Failing to follow the rules of navigation;
4) Causing danger from the effects of the boat’s wake;
5) Allowing passengers to ride on the bow, gunwales, or transom of a boat that are not equipped with adequate railings to prevent passengers from falling overboard;
6) Allowing passengers to ride in a boat without proper safety equipment on board such as a life vest; and
In Idaho, those who operate a boat in a negligent manner and their insurance carriers who insure the boat are liable for the personal injuries and damages arising therefrom.
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed as a result of a boating accident, you should call an experienced personal injury and boating accident attorney for an initial free consultation. Idaho Personal Injury and Boating Accident Attorney Alan Morton has helped victims of personal injury and wrongful death, including injuries caused while boating, for over 31 years. You may reach Mr. Morton by calling 208.344.5555 or toll free at 888.716.8021 or completing an online contact form.
You may also wish to review the testimonial page of Mr. Morton’s clients at http://www.mortonlawyers.com/testimonials.cfm as well. Call Mr. Morton. Right now!! He would be happy to discuss with you the facts of your case regarding your legal rights and remedies and meet with you at his office or your home, workplace, hospital room or any other convenient location.