Five Reasons Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Boise Car Crash
As you are waiting patiently at a traffic light in downtown Boise, you are suddenly rear-ended by a vehicle travelling far too fast. You suffer significant injuries and damage to your car. Now, you must attempt to obtain compensation from the other driver. Should you consider hiring a car accident attorney to represent you? Often, the answer is yes. The following are five examples of situations that may give rise to the need to hire a lawyer after a car crash:
- If the other driver, his insurance company, or his attorney alleges that you are partially or fully at fault for the accident. Since Idaho is a “fault” car insurance state, the at-fault driver’s insurance is looked at first when it comes to liability. If the other driver is not taking sole responsibility for the crash, you may need to fight for the compensation you are entitled to.
- If the other driver does not have insurance or his insurance coverage is insufficient to fully compensate you for your injuries or property losses. In Idaho, victims of accidents are able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver after insurance coverage has been pursued.
- If your injuries are substantial. In these cases, your present and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering may be extremely high. It may also be difficult to calculate future damages if you do not have an experienced legal professional working with you. In order to ensure that you receive adequate compensation for your losses, it is important to work with an attorney.
- When the insurance company or other attorney makes a low settlement offer. The insurance company is a business and it is seeking to maximize its profits. An attorney can help you calculate whether the offer was truly low, what a reasonable offer might be, and assist you with negotiating with the company.
- If the other driver already has an attorney. In these cases, you will want to be on a level playing field as you fight for compensation for your injuries or property damage.
In addition to these reasons, you may want to hire an attorney in order to bring peace of mind and take the burden of handling the claim off of your shoulders. To learn more about obtaining compensation following a Boise car crash, call our firm today at 208.344.5555 or toll free at 888.716.8021 or complete our online form at http://www.mortonlawyers.com and schedule a free consultation. Our compassionate and experienced lawyer can review your case with you and help you to better understand your legal options.