Boise Dog Bite Attorney Helps Victims of Dog Bites Recover for Their Losses
Being attacked and bitten by a dog can be a very traumatic experience. The catastrophic event can not only involve physical injuries but also mental and emotional issues as well. These injuries often require treatment by medical and in some cases mental healthcare professionals.
The problem in a great number of cases involves the neglect of dog owners in properly leashing, fencing, controlling or supervising their animal.
In Idaho, if a dog is trespassing upon another person’s property and/or is not entitled to be on another’s property and then bites a person while occupying that property, the owner of the dog is liable for the injuries and damages caused by the owner’s dog regardless of whether the owner of the dog is aware of the dog’s propensity of aggression or violent behavior. The damages that the victim may seek recovery for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Past Medical Expenses incurred to treat the wound(s) resulting from a dog bite;
- Future Medical Expenses to treat the wound(s) including reconstructive surgery;
- Psychological and/or Psychiatric Treatment and Therapy for the mental injuries caused by the dog attack and bite including but not limited to post-traumatic stress;
- Lost wages, salary, income and benefits for time loss from work; and
- General damages for pain, suffering, scarring, impairment, disability, diminution in the quality of life and capacity to enjoy life; and in some cases, loss of the society, affection and consortium of a spouse if the spouse is attacked and bitten. The victim of a dog bite may in some cases also be entitled to recover punitive damages against the dog owner, too.
Contact Boise, Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Alan L. Morton
Consulting with an experienced trial attorney can assist you in investigating and properly documenting your claim including the acquisition of forensic evidence necessary to prosecute your legal rights and remedies associated with your injuries and damages.
There are few things in life that are free, but having a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney such as Alan Morton is one of them. Mr. Morton represents clients throughout Idaho. His clients come to him from Boise, Ada, Canyon, Elmore, Blaine, Twin Falls, Gem, Payette, Washington, Valley, and beyond. You may reach the firm by calling 208.344.5555 or toll free at 888-716-8021 and/or by filling out an online contact form at http://www.mortonlawyers.com.